IFMA’s Facility Management Professional (FMP) designation is a knowledge-based credential that will help to accelerate an FM’s transition into the profession and demonstrate a proven comprehension of the foundations of facility management. It is ideal for:
- Facility management practitioners looking to increase their depth-of-knowledge in the foundational FM topics deemed critical by employers.
- Individuals who are transitioning into the FM profession.
- Related-industry practitioners such as architects, designers and safety engineers.
- Facility-related product and service providers.
- Students entering the profession from colleges, universities, certificate or technical programs.
- LEED professionals seeking continuing education hours.
The FMP credential is aligned with the most recent IFMA global job task analysis, ensuring that it teaches and tests the knowledge demanded by today’s global employers including:
Operations and Maintenance
- Introduction to Operations and Maintenance
- Assess Facility Needs
- Manage/Oversee Operations and Maintenance of Building, Systems and Equipment
- Manage/Oversee Occupant Services
- Select the Best Resources
- Measure and Optimize Operations and
- Maintenance Performance
- Introduction to Project Management
- Define Projects
- Plan Projects
- Manage and Oversee Projects
- Close Projects
Finance and Business
- Finance and Business in the Facility Organization
- Financial Management of the Facility Organization
- Procurement in the Facility Organization
- Contracts in the Facility Organization
Leadership and Strategy
- Plan Strategically
- Lead and Manage the Facility Organization
- Provide Leadership to the Entire Organization