Learn the language of Facility Management (FM) through the Essentials of Facility Management, a workshop series to help those who are new to the field of FM.
This program is perfect for those just entering the facility management field, or wanting to deepen their knowledge of FM.
Included in the program are three workshop series consisting of a total of 10 modules. The content focuses on basic facility management knowledge and concepts. The primary goal of this program is to address the facility manager\’s role in the tactical planning for scheduling and accomplishing FM tasks.
The Essentials of Facility Management were designed by an international group of IFMA FM practitioners with over fifty years of combined experience. The resulting program meets the educational needs of FM professionals in global FM markets with 10 modules of content focusing on the foundational concepts, terminology and daily tasks of FM. The modules are:
Workshop 1: Introduction to Facility Management
• Module 1 – Introduction to Facility Management
Workshop 2: Operations and Maintenance
• Module 1 – Introduction to Operations and Maintenance
• Module 2 – The Basics of Building Systems
• Module 3 – The Application of Technology
• Module 4 – The Implications of Health and Safety in Managing Buildings
Workshop 3: Work Management in Facilities Workshops
• Module 1 – Supervisory Roles in Facility Work Management
• Module 2 – Applying Work Management to Building Systems
• Module 3 – Work Management Tools in Facility Management
• Module 4 – Managing Contractors in Facility Management
• Module 5 – Managing and Tracking Customer Relations in Facility Management