The Project Management Essentials Virtual Workshop is suitable for:
- Companies seeking to increase the effectiveness of their project management programme, or those seeking to implement one.
- Persons currently in the field of project management and seeking to advance their career or broaden their understanding of project management.
- Persons new to the field of project management.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
Attendees will gain a strong working knowledge of the basics of project management and be able to immediately apply that knowledge to effectively manage work projects. Upon completion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, and close a project;
- Define a project using a Project Charter;
- Identify and manage stakeholders through a Stakeholder Register and Stakeholder Engagement Plan;
- Develop a Project Management Plan to guide the execution, monitoring and controlling, and closing of a project;
- Use various Project Management tools and techniques
- Discuss leadership challenges of managing projects and various solutions.
- Understand the fundamentals of Project Management (PM) through an in-depth examination of the ten Knowledge Areas.
- Examine the characteristics, techniques, and challenges associated with each of the five Process Groups: initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closeout of projects.
Click here to see the workshop outline
Dionne F. –
This course was short and concise and full of real life eg. of how to apply PM techniques. The workshop style classes were exactly what I needed. Recommended for anybody, but especially those that are just starting out in the field.
Nigel P. –
Excellent workshop!! All my projects can now be streamlined.
Presenter was knowledgeable and used real life situations to make worksop content easy to follow. Would highly recommend.
Jenelle J. –
The Project Management Essential Workshop course was very interactive and informative the information provided was clear and I was able to apply knowledge obtain, I would recommend signing up for this course.
Jackie G –
The workshop met all expectations and more, by providing many tools to professionally but simply manage any project while appreciating the benefits and need for effective project management. The knowledge and tools gained extends beyond project management.
Kenneth A. –
Excellent workshop. Very well prepared and presented covering all the essentials needed to be an effective Project Manager.
Gabrielle-Maria G. –
This was an excellent workshop which exceeded my expectations. The presentations were delivered quite professionally and timely. The facilitator was clear and the interactive sessions made your ability to learn and apply the principles quite easy. Evidence of this, was my ability to apply the material shared to my day to day activities. I would recommend this workshop to anyone. Everyday we are engaged in projects, and this workshop provides you with key principles necessary in the execution of projects.